M.S. CCC-SLP, TSSLD
Hey there, meet Marissa!
Marissa is a Pediatric SLP working in NICU, PICU, and outpatient setting and MBS and mentoring (gets all her steps in at work LOL)
She is a Sr. SLP at Kaiser Permanente. Marissa is passionate about infant feeding/swallowing development and continuation of care. She is working towards CLC with hopes to also obtain BCS-S as a long-term goal.
She is a volunteer ambassador with Feeding Matters. She received the 2023 ASHA Distinguished Early Career Professional (ECP) Certificate and has worked as a travel therapist in multiple cities and is now licensed in 8 states! She is an undergrad (BS) at the University of Delaware (clucks up!) studying Cognitive Science with minors in disability studies and psychology. She obtained her MS at Adelphi University in Communication Sciences and Disorders
Get to know a little more about Marissa!
- Nickname is “Dotz” which is shortened from her last name
- Does improv comedy
- Currently living on the West Coast
- Always has a deck of cards on hand
- A Long Island native who loves Philly sports teams, Go birds! (Don’t tell her dad, a die-hard Jets fan!)
- During COVID she owned over 15 plants!
- Backpacked through Europe for 5 weeks post-college
- Was a Trivia Host at a bar during grad school
- Hot take: enjoys running to audiobooks/podcasts over music
- Plays the harmonica and ukulele
- In her spare time she enjoys hiking, running, yoga, trying new restaurants, and being the fun “Aunt Dotty” to her friend’s kids